#
The Native Sons and Daughters of Greater Kansas City
Site Map
Contact
 
2014
Membership Dues

Renew your
membership
dues online.

Click Here

Historic Markers
More than 100 historic markers are on signposts, walls, and other structures throughout the Kansas City area. These markers signify events, and locations that showcase the political, military, social, and economic history of Kansas City.

If you know of a location that should be considered in the Greater Kansas City area, you may send us an email or complete our marker nomination form.

Markers with an active link will display a page with a photo of the marker.  A map of the marker's location will be placed on each page in the future.
.
.

This markers below are  in the process of being rearranged to reflect levels those that were installed with the cooperation of other organizations, or where the NSDKC assisted in naming the historical identity.

First Country Club in Kansas City
Loose Park, Kansas City, Missouri, north side of the pavilion
Placed 1955

Camp Union
10th Street and Central, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1957

Union Cemetery
227 East 28th Terrace, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1957

Boone Store
Westport Road and Pennsylvania Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1959 and 1999

Mayor Milton Payne gravesite
Union Cemetery, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1961

Byrams' Ford Battlefield
63rd Street and Manchester, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1961

Fort Osage
Sibley, Missouri
Placed 1963

Battle of Westport
Rockwell Lane and Sunset Drive, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1965

Alexander Majors House
8145 State Line Road, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1965

Watts Mill
103rd Street and State Line Road, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1972

Kansas City Athenaeum
900 East Linwood Blvd., Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1974

Santa Fe Trail (missing)
Ward Parkway and Wornall Road, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1974

Battle of Westport
Ward Parkway and Wornall Road, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1975

Santa Fe Trail
Crown Center
Placed 1975

Grinter House
1420 South 78th Street, Kansas City, Kansas
Placed 1976, missing and presumed lost until 2009. Re-erected and rededicated 2010.

Old Convention Hall
13th Street and Central, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1978

Strang Line Car Barn and Power Station
79th Street and Santa Fe, Overland Park, Kansas
Placed 1989

Bingham Monument
Union Cemetery
Placed 1990

James Anderson Plaque
Western Historical Manuscript Collection at UMKC, Kansas City, Missouri

Harris-Kearney House
4000 Baltimore, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1990

First Golf Course in Kansas City
36th Street and Gillham Road(364 East 36th Street), Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1995

Civil War Women's Prison
15th Street and Grand Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1995

Savoy Grill and Hotel
9th Street and Central, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1997

Dr. Johnston Lykins' Home (missing)
12th Street and Washington, Kansas City, Missouri

Historic Flavin-Brown Building Complex
3302 Pennsylvania Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 2001

Historic Linden, Missouri
Gladstone Central Park, NE 70th Street and North Holmes, Gladstone, Missouri
Placed 2001

Old Pike Road
Southwest corner of NW 51st Street and NW Old Pike Road, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 2001

St. Mary's Church
730 E. 13th Street, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 2001

Kansas City Young Matrons Clubhouse
5100 Oak Street, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 2001

Antioch Community Church
4805 NE Antioch Road, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 2002

William Paxton, Platte City, Missouri
Foot of 1st Street and Main Street, Platte City, Missouri
Placed 2004

Lewis and Clark Historic Park at Kaw Point
One Fairfax Trafficway, Kansas City, Kansas
Placed 2005

Old Lexington Cemetery at William Jewell College
William Jewell College, Liberty, Missouri
Placed 2007

Ashley Marker
55th Street and Brookside Blvd., Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 2010

Atkins—Johnson Farm
In the vicinity of 14 North Jackson, Gladstone, Missouri
Placed 2010

Town of Kansas site
Foot of 2nd and Main, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 2010

Pacific House Hotel
401 Delaware
Placed 1957

St. Francis Regis Church
11th and Washington
Placed 1951 in cooperation with the Diocese of Kansas City—St. Joseph

Battle of Westport
Loose Park
Placed 1953, in cooperation with the Kansas City, Missouri, Board of Park Commissioners

Lewis and Clark Park
7th and Jefferson
Placed 1957, in cooperation with the American Pioneer Trails Assn. and the Kansas City, Missouri, Board of Park Commissioners

Pioneer Park
Westport Road and Broadway
Placed 1985, in cooperation with the Westport Historical Society
 
Monnett Battle Field
Loose Park
Placed 1990, in cooperation with the Monnett Battle Field Fund

Wornall House
61st and Wornall Road, in cooperation with the Wornall House Association

Truman Historical District Street Signs
Independence, MO
Placed 2001

Richards Airport
Belton, Missouri 
Placed 1942

Burlington Bridge
Missouri River
Placed 1950

Van Horn High School
1109 Arlington 1952
Placed 1952

Andrew Drips Park
16th and Jarboe, Kansas City, Missouri
Placed 1951

Lewis and Clark Viaduct
Missouri & Kansas Rivers
Placed 1955

Chouteau Bridge (missing)
Missouri River
Placed 1958

George Caleb Bingham School (missing)
7618 Wyandotte

New
Mailing
Address

The Native Sons and Daughters of Greater Kansas City
6320 Brookside Plaza, Suite 213
Kansas City, MO 64113

Phone: 816-926-9397  |  Email: publications@nsdkc.org  |    Facebook